Institute has separate R&D cell, the Principal is the chairman, and senior faculties are members of the cell. The research and development activities have been coordinated by R & D cell under the guidance of the chairman.
Following research and development funding policies are framed by the cell.
1. Policies for students :
- Financial support to participate in car event like Mahindra Baja, Go cart, Electric Solar Vehicle Championship (ESVC) etc.
- Separate budget is provided for seed funding for the best project. The projects are selected based on availability of the fund.
- Financial support: Research papers from each department get reimbursement towards paying registration fees. Preference is given to the UGC listed journal papers and reputed conferences.
- Funds for technical festival: Special fund is provided to arrange national level annual technical festival “Virtuosic” in which prizes for the best project, paper presentation, debate, robotic competition, circuit debugging, science fair, poster presentation, drone, mock test, techno gamming etc. are awarded to students for promoting research culture. Students from various institutes participate actively in “Virtuosic”.
2. Policies for faculty:
- Separate budget is provided for best project. The projects are selected based on availability of the fund and technical feasibility of the project.
- Financial support: Research papers from each department get reimbursement towards paying registration fees. Preferences are given to the UGC listed journal papers and reputed conferences.
3. R & D cell promote:
Departments organize short term training program (STTP), faculty development program (FDP), workshops, conferences, Seminars in advanced technologies.
- The department organizes a program in collaboration with other departments, institutes or professional organizations.
- Resource persons from various organizations are invited to conduct the program.
Other policies constitute to encourage faculty and students –
- Laboratory facility: The lab facility is extended to faculty and students for testing and measurement.
- Experienced faculties are encouraged to apply and obtain research grants from various Government and non- Government agencies.
- Library facility: An initiative is taken by the library to help researchers in understanding recent updates of their publications in terms of citation index, h-index, etc. IEEE, Science direct and Springer online journal have subscribed for students and faculty to review the current research articles. Project Oriented Magazines are also subscribed for Students. Linux digimat operating system has installed on the local server to facilitate NPTEL online courses to provide additional skill development opportunities.
- Faculty have been sponsored for full time /part time ME/M.Tech and Ph.D studies. Some of the faculty members are pursuing the higher study under quality improvement program of AICTE, New Delhi. One of faculty member has completed Ph.D and four faculties have submitted Ph.D thesis.
- Institute has constituted Intellectual property right cell for organizing workshops and seminars related to patent, project writing, copyright etc.
- Institute provides incubation center for the interdisciplinary research. Students are encouraged to develop vehicles based on alternative energy sources as a result of which they participate in various national/international competitions related to application of alternative energy
- Students participate in Avishkar- A Technical Event organized by Mumbai University.